Accessing digital devices and sensitive resources is best secured by first setting up an execution environment that is isolated and protected against any threats active on the host PC. The H-Login application allows performing security-critical procedures, such as entering secret credentials (username, passphrase, or PIN when using a Smart Card) as well as transaction data, inside of a hardened desktop environment, visually and functionally separated from the host PC default desktop. The user can easily toggle between the hardened and the default desktops, while keeping any transaction sandboxed until it is completed.
The H-Desktop is an optional component of the H-Login application which enables running the various applications inside of an isolated and protected execution environment. Users can switch from the H-Desktop to the host PC desktop (and vice versa) with a single mouse click. The H-Desktop enables protections against a number of attacks vectors targeting the user interface (e.g. screen capture) as well as the application’s execution environment (e.g. code injection).
The H-Desktop is a virtual space in the PC memory where only authorized programs are allowed to run (the H-Apps). This virtual safe zone allows carrying out transaction in an environment free of malware and isolated from all other applications.
The Proactive Security Updates (PSU) allows both preventing and responding to malware attacks. Once malware is launched against a hardened application, the attack will be effective only until the target code contains the exploited vulnerabilities. The PSU practice can be applied preemptively to frustrate ongoing hacking efforts and prevent scalable attacks. This underlines the core strength of application hardening, inasmuch the application’s architectural design and multiple protection layers allow engaging the e-criminals even before they have deployed any attack. Differently from standard maintenance updates of non-hardened software, the PSU are designed to keep the application equipped with the strongest protections using knowledge acquired from security research and constant monitoring of malware in the wild. The PSU represent a true shift in the delivery of value to customers of security solutions, whereby forces in the battle with e-criminals can be finally rebalanced by requiring them to work hard and again for any practical gains.
Back to Top
- Zero-footprint: no special drivers or admin privileges needed
- Available as a software-only downloadable application or integrated with smart security tokens
- Enforces any corporate policies for end user enrolment and authentication
- Supports mutually authenticated network and protects against host tampering attacks
- Enforces integrity checks on all application components before allowing execution
- Establishes a lightweight virtual sandboxed environment isolated from the host PC applications and operating system
- Localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Additional languages available upon request
- (Optional) User Interface customized based on corporate branding guidelines
- (Optional) Integrated with the H-Server cloud-based management console for Proactive Security Updates
Back to Top
Successful hacking always leverages flaws in both the underlying technology as well as in our understanding of the transaction process. The short videos provided in this section try to fill this gap by describing how typical e-banking sessions are hacked and the key vulnerabilities exploited in each case.
We'd love to hear from you: let us know if you experienced any of such attacks and if you have any others to report.
Back to Top
ResourcesAchieving good practical security requires the collaboration of informed users: basic knowledge of online security practices can go a long way to avoiding the majority of online frauds. Here you can find some resources of growing complexity to guide you through what our products do and why they provide outstanding practical security.
- Winning at the Hackers Game
- Is e-banking on both PC and mobile platforms possible without inviting e-Criminals to a feast?
- The Tenets of e-Banking Security
- Is e-Banking Security about Technology, Marketing, IT Budget or... End Users?
- Security, Privacy and Efficiency of Internet Banking Transactions
- Practical Security
- How e-Criminals pick their Targets
Back to Top
|Processor||IBM PC or compatible with Intel base processors
Intel Pentium 4 800-MHz or higher
(Intel Core 2 Duo or higher recommended)
|Memory||512 megabytes (MB) of RAM (2GB recommended)|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows® VISTA all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 7 all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 8 all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 10 all versions
Mac OSX 10.7.x and higher
|Display||1024 x 768 resolution, 65 536 colors minimum
(32-bit color recommended)
Back to Top