The H-Files is a comprehensive and portable information management system, designed to keep your sensitive data confidential and always protected. It allows storing any number of files and folders inside of an encrypted file system (AES256 at the file block level).
The H-Files application allows managing and viewing the encrypted files in a large number of formats without the need to release control to external applications and expose the content to attacks or privacy breaches. You can read a PDF document, view a TIFF file, or a JPEG image without leaving the protected H-Files environment.
The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is the most frequently used and most secure block-encryption algorithm available today, since the National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST announced it as the new encryption standard in 2001. The algorithm is based on several substitutions, permutations and linear transformations, each executed on data blocks of 16 byte – therefore the term blockcipher. Those operations are repeated several times, called “rounds”. During each round, a unique roundkey is calculated out of the encryption key, and incorporated in the calculations. The difference between AES-128, AES-192 and AES-256 is the length of the key: 128, 192 or 256 bit. It is believed that cracking a 128 bit AES key with a state-of-the-art supercomputer would take longer than the presumed age of the universe.
The Proactive Security Updates (PSU) allows both preventing and responding to malware attacks. Once malware is launched against a hardened application, the attack will be effective only until the target code contains the exploited vulnerabilities. The PSU practice can be applied preemptively to frustrate ongoing hacking efforts and prevent scalable attacks. This underlines the core strength of application hardening, inasmuch the application’s architectural design and multiple protection layers allow engaging the e-criminals even before they have deployed any attack. Differently from standard maintenance updates of non-hardened software, the PSU are designed to keep the application equipped with the strongest protections using knowledge acquired from security research and constant monitoring of malware in the wild. The PSU represent a true shift in the delivery of value to customers of security solutions, whereby forces in the battle with e-criminals can be finally rebalanced by requiring them to work hard and again for any practical gains.
Back to Top
- Zero-footprint: no special drivers or admin privileges needed.
- Available as a software-only downloadable application or integrated with smart security tokens
- Files and folders are kept permanently encrypted at the data block level AES256.
- Secure View files without exposing contents to external applications. Supported formats include: PDF, BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, PBM, PGM, PPM, TIFF, XBM, XPM.
- (Optional) Supports PKCS#7 and PDF digital signing and verification with RSA 2048, SHA-256.
- (Optional) Supports Time Stamping request and verification, complying with RFC3161 and RFC5544.
- Localized in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish. Additional languages available upon request.
- (Optional) User Interface customized based on corporate branding guidelines.
- (Optional) Integrated with the H-Server cloud-based management console for Proactive Security Updates.
Back to Top
Successful hacking always leverages flaws in both the underlying technology as well as in our understanding of the transaction process. The short videos provided in this section try to fill this gap by describing how typical e-banking sessions are hacked and the key vulnerabilities exploited in each case.
We'd love to hear from you: let us know if you experienced any of such attacks and if you have any others to report.
Back to Top
ResourcesAchieving good practical security requires the collaboration of informed users: basic knowledge of online security practices can go a long way to avoiding the majority of online frauds. Here you can find some resources of growing complexity to guide you through what our products do and why they provide outstanding practical security.
- Winning at the Hackers Game
- Is e-banking on both PC and mobile platforms possible without inviting e-Criminals to a feast?
- The Tenets of e-Banking Security
- Is e-Banking Security about Technology, Marketing, IT Budget or... End Users?
- Security, Privacy and Efficiency of Internet Banking Transactions
- Practical Security
- How e-Criminals pick their Targets
Back to Top
|Processor||IBM PC or compatible with Intel base processors
Intel Pentium 4 800-MHz or higher
(Intel Core 2 Duo or higher recommended)
|Memory||512 megabytes (MB) of RAM (2GB recommended)|
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows® VISTA all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 7 all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 8 all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 all versions
Microsoft® Windows® 10 all versions
Mac OSX 10.7.x and higher
|Display||1024 x 768 resolution, 65 536 colors minimum
(32-bit color recommended)
Back to Top